How can I protect my hardwood floor from scratches?
The most common cause of scratches is moving furniture. For areas where chairs get moved in and out a lot, put floor protectors on the feet. In high traffic zones, use area rugs and place door mats by exterior entryways. If you have a dog, keep his or her toenails short so they do not scratch the floor when they walk around.
More Frequently Asked Questions
- Do I need to buy a specialized cleaner for my hardwood floors or is traditional mopping okay?
- What are the basic varieties of hardwood flooring planks?
- How can I be sure a new wood stain will match the current color on my floor?
- I hear popping and cracking sounds when I walk across my hardwood floor. Why?
- Can I install hardwood floors in every room of my home?